What Are The Symptoms Of Chronic Pain?
The symptoms of chronic pain include:
- Mild to severe pain that does not go away
- Pain that may be described as shooting, burning, aching, or electrical
- Feeling of discomfort, soreness, tightness, or stiffness
DESCRIPTION OF PAIN
Pain is not a symptom that exists alone. Other problems associated with pain can include:
- Withdrawal from activity and increased need to rest
- Weakened immune system
- Changes in mood which amplify pain including hopelessness, fear, depression, irritability, anxiety, anger, and stress
Everyone’s experience of pain is different. This is because pain is complex – how we perceive pain involves an interaction between our mind and our body. This interaction involves the nervous system and other factors, such as genetics, culture, thoughts, previous pain experiences, stress and what was happening in our lives when the pain started.