Millions are being warned about the dangers of high cholesterol and heart disease.
Don’t believe the hype. It’s time for some shocking insight about cholesterol.
Consumers are being told to reduce their cholesterol as if is a curse to good health.
Sadly, there is no allowance for the action of cholesterol during disease states nor is there any understanding as to why cholesterol levels can rise above normal ranges.
Pharmaceutical companies have convinced doctors that the only way to effectively treat cholesterol is to medicate their patients with cholesterol-lowering statin drugs.
To fully understand the problem of using medication to lower cholesterol, we must first understand what cholesterol actually does.
The Role Of Cholesterol
- Cholesterol is responsible for brain synapses or messaging. In fact, the highest concentration of cholesterol in your body is in your brain – a huge 25%. Low Cholesterol is a risk factor for poor memory. One thing that is common to most Alzheimer’s patients is low cholesterol.
- Vitamin D is synthesized from cholesterol by the action of sunlight on skin
- Cholesterol is needed for absorption of fat soluble vitamins A, D, E, & K
- All our major hormones are made from cholesterol: oestrogen, progesterone, cortisol, DHEA, and testosterone. Corticosteroids like glucocorticoids and mineralocorticoids are also steroid hormones that are produced from cholesterol in the adrenal cortex.
- Cholesterol plays a very important part in both the creation and maintenance of human cell membrane.
- Cholesterol produces bile acids which aid in digestion and vitamin absorption. Without the bile, our bodies are unable to properly digest foods, especially fats. When the fat goes undigested it can get into the bloodstream and cause additional problems such as blockages of the arteries and cause heart attacks and heart disease.
What You Eat Has Little To Do With Your Cholesterol Level
Your dietary fat intake has little or no correlation with your blood cholesterol.
However, the fat intake-cholesterol connection has been at the heart of the lower your cholesterol hoax that the medical profession has been protesting for years.
But it is a fallacy.
It has been discredited decades ago – but who was listening?
Not the pharmaceutical companies that’s for sure.
It may surprise you to know that 80% of your body’s cholesterol is made by your liver. In addition, cholesterol is NOT made from fat, but from a protein precursor.
What you eat has minimal effect on the overall pathology reading that your doctor reports on.
In fact, lowering cholesterol with statin drugs which is a common medical protocol could actually send you to an early grave.
Cholesterol drugs have NOT been proved to lower your risks of heart disease/heart attack.
In fact, the opposite is true.
Statins deplete your body’s CoQ10 levels.CoQ10 is your basically your heart’s fuel. It is the nutrient your heart uses to generate energy and to regulate heart rhythm. Lowering it could give you a heart attack, stroke or even heart failure. The FDA acknowledges that cholesterol-lowering drugs can cause a heart attack, but it nevertheless advises people to keep on taking them.
A better way to support heart health is to reduce or eliminate food and lifestyle behaviours that contribute to stress, poor immunity, and overgrowth of bacteria.
Some Other Risks Of Taking Statins
- Memory loss
- Erectile dysfunction
- Confusion and disorientation
- Joint pain
- Muscle damage
- Nerve inflammation
- Blurred vision
- Kidney damage
- Liver damage
- Insulin imbalances
I find when I reduce the contributing factors to most disease states that I treat, I notice cholesterol readings ‘magically’ reduce also.
It’s vital to understand the basic pathophysiology of ‘why’ cholesterol is high rather than putting a toxic bandaid on the problem. In doing so, the root cause will be treated and overall health will be regained once more.
**If you’ve got this far – thank you for reading and I look forward to bringing you more information in the future.
Now, enjoy some much needed inspirational music to soothe your body …